Welcome!

Shae O'Brien grew up in the Pacific Northwest, and it has bred her to have a love for music, coffee, the ocean, and rain. Her love for writing was planted at a young age, with the encouragement of beautiful family and inspiring teachers, and grew into a passion she cannot go a day without. During the day, Shae is also an English teacher, promoting the art of the written word among the youth of Austin. Her writing has been featured in publications such as Off The Wookie, AIPF Di-verse-city Anthology 2012, and TWENTY: Poems In Memoriam. She recently self-published her first chapbook, "Truths Unspoken", which takes the reader on a poetic journey through the passion, love, heartbreak, and rebirth of a relationship. You may find her on any given night writing or performing her work around Austin, TX.



Please note that all poems and/or parts are the property of Shae O'Brien and should not be shared without giving due credit.



Thank you.






Tuesday, April 16, 2013

AIPF Success, BookWoman, & the Next Book

After a long and incredible weekend, I am finally sitting down to say a big THANK YOU to AIPF and all the attendees who welcomed me with open arms (and ears!) as a Featured Poet for this year's festival. I loved the opportunity to share my writing, lead a workshop on poetry, and indulge in the beautiful words of others from across the globe. The feedback I have received so far has been awesome, including a fellow poet's response (in verse) to a poem I debuted at AIPF this year. You can see it here: http://flowerwords.wordpress.com/2013/04/15/i-had-to-stop/.

If you attended this weekend and had a chance to see me read or participate in my workshop, please feel free to comment on your experience as well! I truly appreciate getting to be a part of this festival year after year.

One of my favorite readings, and one I had the privilege of participating in this year, was the Woman Read at BookWoman. I was able to share my work, meet some truly wonderful women, and spend time with the owner of this incredible bookstore--Susan Post. To my great delight, Susan offered to sell my chapbook, Truths Unspoken, at BookWoman!

So, to all my local friends here in the central Texas area, please show BookWoman (www.ebookwoman.com) your gratitude and patronage by stopping by and purchasing Truths Unspoken today!


Finally, I have not stopped to take a break since the festival and am too inspired by it and you to slow down now. I have been considering my next book for sometime, and I plan to put dreams to action this year in writing my next book of poetry. So, please sign up on my website mailing list to receive the latest updates as I continue to grow, develop, and share my work with the world!

Write On!
Shae

1 comment:

  1. Love your words, Shae! So glad we shared a stage, book together.

    ReplyDelete